welcome to my digital CV.
I'm a half Austrian/half Peruvian, ambitious digital designer & frontend developer, building complex layouts and creating pleasing designs. Based in Vienna & Linz I am currently supporting people, brands, agencies and startups with my freelance services.
Half-time employed @ Walls.io a social media tool, I lead a frontend team in the field of design & visual communication.
Out of my strong love for 🍺 beer, I kicked off a side project with some coders, marketers & writers called Brewgraphy (work in progress).
Connected to the art scene in Linz, I am also diving into the digital aspects of modern art.
I am always looking for new opportunities in partnering up with agencies, enthusiastic startups and like-minded people. Let’s work on something great!
Below you can take a glimpse into my fields of work. If you want to know more, just contact me.
Concept & Art DirectionLeading frontend developers & companies to appealing digital products
UI & UXDesignUser-centered designs with simplicity & practicability in mind
FrontendDevelopmentCoding visual parts of applications & sites, CSS before JS
DigitalMarketingObserving how implementations take effect, before & after deploying
Video & MotiondesignTurning my creations alive, particularly helpful with web apps + full video
Branding & PrintShaping the visual spirit of people, companies and products
Where I have specialized:
- Bridging gaps between design and development is what defines me. I always try to keep both aspects in mind in order to build realistic & overseeable software with pleasing designs & clear interfaces.
- I am a highly adaptable person when it comes to workflows, which can also be challenging when it comes to finding routines.
- Some say I can be stubborn, which might be fitting. Giving up is something what normally comes very late 😅. This isn’t always the best feature since other things move to the background while focusing on one really hard.
- I can look at digital projects from multiple angles, especially from design, technical & marketing perspective without compromising too much on one side.
When it comes to design I like to work with vector-based software like Illustrator.
- Illustrator One of my biggest loves
- Photoshop Absolutely mandatory in the digital space
- After Effects Perfect for breathing life into static designs & very helpful for showing different processes
- Dotted paper and pen A must, as this is the stuff I grab, right after the spark was lit
- Inspiration Nature is my biggest helper, but I also consume enough design porn on Dribble, Behance, Instagram etc.
- At this point special thanks go to my Spanish friend and mentor, David Tocino
With development, keeping it light & mobile are the main requirements, I like being able to work from nearly everywhere, especially trains 🚆.
- Codepen is the "pen and paper" for coding
- Vcode or Sublime my main tools for writing frontend code
- LESS & SCSS for styling layouts fast and clean
- Vue.js just starting to get into this
- Jquery I know my way around it even though people are abandoning it
- normally I like to work in a virtual machine using Vagrant and Virtual Box
- Worpdress together with roots sage is great for fast theme development
- PHP even though this part of my name, mostly inside of wordpress or laravel, but rather limited
By the way, this project was build with laravel, some vue.js & precious black tea ☕. It also cuts the need for printing anything, so no more paper, rain forest hooray 🥦.
For me Digital Marketing is a variety of actions/strategic decisions for a specific goal (Better brand awareness for example) . The following examples picture what i do and where i am getting into right now.
- Building & optimizing micro pages/landing pages is probably the spearhead in my digital marketing activities
- Technical SEO Optimization, experience has taught me it's very often the basics done wrong, preventing sites or products from being found
- Chrome Dev Tools best for technical analyzing sites & apps (performance, responsiveness, etc.)
- Google Analyics I know my way around the most important numbers (bounce rate, page views, session duration, etc.)
- A/B Testing, if the number of users is sufficient
- Hotjar or Crazy Egg for analyzing user behaviour and use processes
- Talking actually helps a lot, yes with the customers 😉
- Ryte & SEM rush Currently getting into this
My work experience
What's not mentioned in the timeline are dozens of conferences I visited like The Smashing Conference, Beyond Tellerrand, WeAreDevelopers, etc. Mostly very inspiring stuff and great for exchanging with likeminded individuals.
Down below you will find companies & partners I have worked with in the last couple of years. Note that I had different roles for different projects.
The projects EY-Law, Generali, Initiative Gas, WU-Wien, Handelsverband, Wikifolio, and WKO-Wien were carried out while I was working together with Fonda.
Some people write about their hobbies in CVs, I will show you some stuff where i challenged myself lately and some other passions:
- The highest peak I ever climbed was the "Coropuna", the highest volcano 🌋 in Peru with 6425 meters of altitude.
- I biked 320 km on a single day (14h) from Passau to Vienna with my dad. We did it for the great organization Herzbewegt, check them out, I wouldn’t want to miss this
- Last summer I spent a total of 6 days around the mountain Ausangate on an average height of 4300 meters
- I ran a total of 1000 km over the year 2017. This had an immense impact on a lot of things in my life
- Modern art, always mind-bending and great for inspiring my actual work
- I am a big fan of craft beers, the tastes, the labels from numerous designers and the stories about the people & the breweries behind them 💛
Congratulations, you made it to the bottom of my CV and at the same time to the peak of mountain Jampa (Peru 🇵🇪).
The total height of this rock is 5500 meters.